Monday 15 June 2015

Things you need to look out for before starting your Blog/website

Basic things you need to look out for before starting your Blog/website


Things You Need to look out for before adsense Campaign
















It's important to think about some important factors before you build your website.
And that point is for you to decide what topic your website will be about. Is it going to be about Nigerian movies, internet marketing, blogging/social media, health, edu., Californian lawyers or what have you?
Before you decide on the theme your website will be about, I want you to consider the following factors.
1. The profitability of the market.
2. How to get traffic to it.
3. How to get regular content.
The Profitability of the Market
It's really important to determine the profitability of a market before going into it.
You remember I mentioned earlier on that what you get per click is determined by the amount an advertiser sets per click.
For example, if I've got an adwords account running with google and I specify that I want to be paying $0.50 per click. If my ads are displayed on your site, you and google will share that $0.50
So what am I driving at?
You see, there are some advertisers that pay as much as $5 a click. Some pay as much as $10. Someone even told me that there are some that pay as much as $20 for a click. Imagine if such ads can be displayed on your site.
I'm sure you're wondering why some people pay as much as $20 a click while some pay as low as $0.10. I'll tell you.
There are some particular markets that are so competitive because they are very lucrative. The competitiveness has driven the cost up. If you want your ads to be displayed, you just have to increase how much you are paying for a click.
You see why I said it's important to analyse your market to determine its profitability.
Let me tell you a personal experience.
After creating my first adsense site, I was determined to duplicate my success so I created another one without analysing the market.
I launched a jokes site called jokes-o-matics.com and I promoted it. I sat back waiting for the clicks to come in.
The clicks came in actually but the results were disappointing. Some clicks were bringing in as low as $0.05. So 10 clicks only brought in 50 cents! The same 10 clicks on my other websites bring in as much as $5. I simply stopped promoting the website so I could concentrate my efforts on other sites.
How can you determine the profitability of a market for free? Here are the ways availaible.
* Go to goole.com and search for the term “high paying adsense keywords”. Your search result will show you websites that offer free services. Majority of them charge a fee for the service.
What they do in most case is offer a few for free and then ask you to buy. What I suggest you do is grab as many free ones as possible.
When I carried out a search not too long ago, here are the highest paying keywords I got:
1. Structured settlements
2. Mesothelioma
3. Acne
4. Life Insurance
5. Death Insurance
6. Bextra
7. Asbestos
8. Car Insurance
9. Dental Plans
10. Private Jets
11. Debt Consolidation
12. Credit Cards
13. Rewards Cards
14. Equity Loans
15. Equity Line Credit
16. Loans
17. Mortgages
18. Pay Day Loans
19. Cash Advance
20. Bankruptcy
* The second way I suggest you use is just plain common sense! Do you find that ridiculous? Please don't. Really, it's amazing how we don't use common sense in our businesses.
Allow me to take you back to the personal experience I had with my jokes site.
After I discovered that the cost per click was miserable, I had a chat with my internet marketing buddy, Brenthell Fibs. I complained to him about the low cost per click and what his views were.
His answer shocked me. He said he knew from day one that the cost would be bad because he did not think that any sane advertiser will be paying top dollars to advertise related jokes sites.
His reply went straight through me. What was I thinking? I didn't use my IQ and I wasted time setting the site up.
How To Get Traffic To The Site
Before you decide on any theme your website will be about, you have to know where your traffic will come from.
By the way, traffic means the people visiting your site. Remember I said earlier that the higher the traffic you get, the higher the chances your ads will get clicked. So you need to get traffic. (We'll talk about traffic later). I mentioned traffic here because you might have searched for some high paying keywords and you're getting excited already.
Please hang on.
When I searched for high paying adsense keywords earlier today, I came across “Californian lawyers”. The term “Californian lawyers” go for as much as $15 per click. That is really tantalizing.
But the problem is. Where will I get traffic of people that is interested in Californian lawyers. Remember google provides you with ads related to your website. So if I want google to provide me with ads like that then my site will have to be talking about “California” or “lawyers” or “people in California” etc. My goodness! How will I pull that off. That is too much of a hassle and I decided to forget it.
How to get regular content

No comments:

Post a Comment